Are you looking for delicious, kid-friendly recipes that the whole family will want to eat over and over? Would your family love weeknight dinners that are healthy and wholesome, festive, and fun? If you answered yes to any or all of the above, then you have come to the right place! Welcome to your new favorite family recipes!
Our mission at the Mediterranean Movement is to provide families of all sizes with the resources, recipes, and support that you need to start living a Mediterranean Lifestyle today. All of our recipes follow Mediterranean Diet principles, but not everything is Mediterannean-style cooking. You don’t have to eat hummus daily to live a healthy life (even though it is a healthy and yummy food). You will find all different types of cuisines on our site! This is especially important for families with kids who are trying to encourage home-cooked meals over beloved fast food choices.
Coming up with something that the whole family will love no longer has to be a challenge! Our awesome family recipes include healthy, homemade versions of some traditional family favorites, like fish nuggets, pizza-flavored dishes, and quesadillas, as well as great weeknight staples like easy sheet pan meals that provide something for everyone.
Be sure to check out:
- Here you will find some of our favorite kid-friendly meals crafted in a crockpot. That means, set it up once and come back a few hours later to a piping hot meal! Recipes include breakfast, dinner, and everything in between. Bonus content: check out some of the reasons that we love this appliance!
- Just because you want to eat a healthy diet does not mean that you must trade in your financial goals. Here you will find some of our favorite wallet-friendly recipes and some of our best tips for sticking to a budget while eating for health. Bon appétit!
- Dinner should be a lively and enjoyable time. Would you like some tips to add a little more fun into your routine? Check out some of our favorite ideas for bringing some joy to mealtime. Then dig into some of our yummiest (and funniest) recipes!
- All the recipes on our site follow the time-tested principles of the Mediterranean Diet. Your health is always important to us! This section highlights some of the family recipes that have a specific focus on great health. In this section, we also include some ideas for promoting optimal health that go beyond the food on your table.
- Around here, easy does not have to mean bland or boring! New parents with young kids, families with two working spouses, households with tons of activities, and others with busy schedules can rejoice. Read on for some of our best tips for making mealtime easier for the chef. Then try out some of our favorite time-saving recipes!
Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet for Families
The Mediterranean Diet is a way of eating that has been around for decades. Hundreds of studies have shown the health benefits of eating this way, including decreasing the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s. Research also credits a Mediterranean Diet with such benefits as improving weight and blood pressure, improving mood and decreasing the risk of depression, and increasing energy. It has been named the “Best Diet” by health experts for three years in a row! Read more here.
What to eat?
You can read more about the principles here, but in brief, a Mediterranean Lifestyle focuses on eating tons of fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts, beans, and healthy fats like olive oil, a moderate amount of poultry, eggs, and dairy, and a smaller amount of red meat and sweets.
Subscribe to our email list
We know that you are busy! Enter your email here to get all our best content, right to your email inbox. We will never spam you or sell your info.