Read on to find out all about our Vegetarian Meal Plan, which follows the principles of a Mediterranean Lifestyle without the fish, meat, or poultry!
Examples of the Types of Delectable Meals You Can Expect:
- Carrot cake Overnight Oats
- Spiced Lentils and Lemon Broccoli
- Mini Eggplant Pizzas
Is the Mediterranean Diet Vegetarian?
The Mediterranean Diet is predominately plant-based in that it promotes eating primarily whole grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes, beans, and nuts. You are encouraged to fill half your plate at every meal with produce! However, the Mediterranean Diet is based on the traditional diet of the countries surrounding the Mediterranean Sea which includes moderate amounts of meat, poultry, and fish. Some nutrients found in meat, poultry, and fish such as iron, protein, and healthy fats (omega-3 fatty acids in particular) are key nutrients to overall good health.
Why Offer Vegetarian Meal Plans?
Given that the Mediterranean Diet is predominately plant-based, you will see an emphasis on vegetarian meals even in our standard meal plans.
However, we recognize that many individuals do not eat any meat, poultry, or fish for personal, religious, or health-related reasons, with a preference (or need) to rely instead on beans, legumes, and vegetarian sources of protein.
Our vegetarian meal plan is tailored to exclude poultry, seafood, and beef, while incorporating other food sources of iron, protein, and healthy fats so you don’t miss out on the health benefits! Our registered dietitian Jamie created this meal plan with your optimal health in mind.
Dairy and eggs are included in our vegetarian meal plan. However, we offer substitutions if you prefer not to eat these as well. (For example, the notes on a specific recipe will let you know if almond milk would be a suitable non-dairy milk substitute).
What is Included with the Meal Plan?
- Dietitian designed with you and your family in mind! Our meal plans are created by Jamie, a registered dietitian nutritionist, to provide well-balanced, nutritious (and delicious) meals that adhere to the Mediterranean Diet Principles to help you and your family achieve optimal health.
- Every one of our meal plans includes 21 days of Mediterranean inspired meals (three meals each day) for the entire family to enjoy!
- The recipes are easy, with notes on how to make meals more customized if desired. You will not spend all day in the kitchen! Our plans also utilize leftovers to ensure that our meal plans work even for busy families.
- Every delicious, family-friendly recipe has been kitchen-tested and approved.
- Complete with a categorized grocery list to take the guess work out of grocery shopping and save you tons of time and money in the store. No more impulse purchases or wasted food!
- Given the nature that everyone’s appetite (and calorie needs) vary, we created an optional snack book with vegetarian specific snacks to give you the flexibility to eat to your hunger throughout the day.
- If you want to lose weight, our meal plans are for you! Many people find that eating the satisfying, nutritious foods found on the Mediterranean Diet helps them feel satisfied with fewer calories and lose weight without counting calories. More on how a Medi Diet promotes weight loss here.
- You can recognize all the health benefits of the “Best Overall Diet” and save time, money, and sanity using our Vegetarian Meal Plans! Click below for more options or check out our FAQs.
*Note we acknowledge that every family varies in size (and age) making for a variety of nutritional needs for each individual family member. Keep in mind portion sizes may vary from person to person (from toddler to child, teenager to adult). Smaller (or larger) portions may be necessary; a snack list is also available to give you and your family members the flexibility to eat to their hunger. The goal of our meal plans is to help you take the guesswork out of meal planning for your family all while incorporating the principles of the Mediterranean Diet so you and your family can achieve optimal health. Meal plans are a tool for you and your family to get started with healthy eating, improve your meal prep and planning skills, explore new recipes, and enjoy healthy and delicious homemade meals.
Do you or your family have more dietary restrictions or food preferences beyond a standard Vegetarian diet? Check out our fully customized meal plan option that can accommodate any dietary requirements or preferences. We also offer gluten-free, dairy-free, nonperishable, and standard Mediterranean Diet meal plans. If you’d like to mix and match recipes, take a look at our plan bundles.
Resources and Guides
New to the Mediterranean way of life? We encourage you to check out our Quick Start Guide. It’s full of great information that will help you get up-to-speed quickly and easily!
Subscribe for more goodies
Join our email list for all the best recipes and tips sent right to your inbox! We will never spam or sell your information. Register here.
Learn More Here:
We are working on an updated version of our Vegetarian Meal Plans to be even tastier! Purchase TODAY to get the updated version plus a FREE copy of vegetarian snacks within one week.
Alternatively, click here to add your name to the list to be notified when they are ready.