Nutrition coaching can help you finally be successful in reaching optimal health, even if you’ve tried other methods in the past. If you do what you’ve always done, you will get what you’ve always gotten; aren’t you ready to make THIS the year that you get healthy and feel amazing?
A Nutrition Coach: the Right Choice for You?
A coach might be the answer for you if you are:
- Fed up with trying to navigate specific health conditions, finally to lose that excess weight, or reach a specific health goal (including overall health)
- Overwhelmed by the immense amount of information on the market and with understanding what’s right for you
- Confused with what to do to get healthy, lose weight, feel great, or reach other health goals
- Frustrated that you know what to do but have trouble following through when life gets crazy
- Started off towards your goals with a bang but have lost steam
Ready to learn more? Click the icon below. Or keep reading.
Nutrition is Critical
The importance of the food that goes into your body cannot be understated. Your food choices affect your overall health, mood, wellness, and quality of life, not just today but for your future as well. Eating a healthy diet, such as a Mediterranean-inspired diet, can:
- Reduce the risk of chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease (see more here)
- Keep you mentally sharp as you age and reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s
- Decrease blood pressure and cholesterol
- Boost your immune system, allowing you to fight off infections more easily, and keep you from getting sick
- Help prevent osteoporosis
- Help you feel happier, less anxious, and less moody
- Help you fall asleep easier and stay asleep through the night
- Increase your energy naturally (no caffeine needed)
Healthy eating can be challenging
Even though most of us know how important a healthy diet is, research shows that many people still have trouble sticking with a healthy diet. There are many reasons for this.
- First, most of us are extremely busy between work, life, and family. Eating easy-to-prepare convenience foods, or ordering take out, often seem like the best options to get food on our plates. Some of us struggle with cooking skills, as well. Too many processed foods can affect your mood and your health.
- Second, changing established patterns of behavior is hard, especially when life intervenes. Without support or mentorship, it’s all too easy to fall back into our old ways of eating and behaving, either because we aren’t sure which choice to make or because it’s what we know.
- Third, it’s hard to stay focused on long term goals. Long-term goals like avoiding chronic diseases can seem less important when short-term pleasures, like the chocolate doughnut, are looking us right in the eye. But you know that the momentary pleasure of the pastry pales in comparison to the long-term pleasure of being healthy enough to play with your kids or grandkids!
Nutrition Coaching to the Rescue
This is where nutrition coaching can make a huge difference. This nutrition professional can help you feel your best and reach your optimal health through an individualized food plan. This person also looks at a client’s entire lifestyle to help assess where lifestyle changes, like sleep, activity level, or stress, could result in big benefits. Then this person is the motivator who helps his or her clients stick to the plan, gently nudging them back on the path when they get side-tracked.
A coach is a nutrition expert who will educate you about which foods to eat and which to avoid. They can teach you how to season and spice your new foods so that you don’t have to sacrifice taste to reach your goals. Most importantly, they will look at your individual history, tastes, and restrictions and provide a plan that will optimize your health. Then, they will give you the confidence to follow it. This coach will personalize their approach to each client’s unique lifestyle and goals.
For many clients, a healthy eating coach is also an accountability partner and a cheerleader. This is the missing piece for many people looking to get healthier on their own. Research shows that you are 80% to 95% more likely to be successful when you have a coach! When life gets challenging, or when it gets hard to stay committed to your long-term goals, it’s helpful to have someone there to encourage you and keep track of your progress: to cheer you on and help you work through setbacks.
Our Dietitians Will Get You There
Meet Sam. A Registered Dietitian with a Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management, Sam takes a client-centric approach to nutrition coaching. If you are someone who is wanting to improve your health by managing your weight through the combination of a Mediterranean diet and weight management principles, then you’ve found the right nutritional coach! Learn more here.
Meet Jamie. Jamie is a Registered Dietitian with a Master’s Degree in nutrition. She has a background in coaching families to use nutrition in support of health conditions. Having relied on the Mediterranean Diet as her nutrition philosophy for many years, Jamie is both a Mediterranean Diet expert and a health coaching expert who can help you look, feel, and be your best. More about Jamie here.
Get more info
For many people, the fastest and most successful way to make dietary and lifestyle changes is through the help of a Healthy Eating Coach. Book your FREE 15 minute consultation today!
Or read more about and book one of our Weight Loss or Nutrition Coaching packages Here.