A healthy eating coach can plan an individualized nutrition plan for you and then help you stick to it. This coach can help you finally be successful in reaching your optimal health, even if you’ve tried other methods in the past. Read on for more!
Nutrition is Important
The importance of the food that goes into your body cannot be understated. Your food choices affect your overall health and quality of life, not just today but for your future as well. Eating a healthy diet, such as a Mediterranean-inspired diet, can:
- Reduce the risk of chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease (see more here)
- Keep you mentally sharp as you age and reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s
- Decrease blood pressure and cholesterol
- Boost your immune system, allowing you to fight off infections more easily, and keep you from getting sick
- Help prevent osteoporosis
- Help you feel happier, less anxious, and less moody
- Help you fall asleep easier and stay asleep through the night
- Increase your energy naturally (no caffeine needed)
Healthy eating can be challenging
Even though most of us know how important a healthy diet is, research shows that many people still have trouble sticking with a healthy diet. There are many reasons for this.
- First, most of us are extremely busy between work, life, and family. Eating easy-to-prepare convenience foods, or ordering take out, often seem like the best options to get food on our plates. Some of us struggle with cooking skills, as well.
- Second, changing established patterns of behavior is hard, especially when life intervenes! Without support or mentorship, it’s all too easy to fall back into our old ways of eating and behaving, either because we aren’t sure which choice to make or because it’s what we know.
- Third, it’s hard to stay focused on long term goals. Long-term goals like avoiding chronic diseases can seem less important when short-term pleasures, like the chocolate doughnut, are looking us right in the eye.
Healthy Eating Coach to the Rescue
This is where a Healthy Eating Coach can make a big difference. A Healthy Eating Coach is a nutrition professional who helps other people feel their best and reach their optimal health through an individualized food plan. This person also looks at a client’s entire lifestyle to help assess where lifestyle changes, like sleep, activity level, or stress, could result in big benefits. Then this person is the motivator who helps his or her clients stick to the plan, gently nudging them back on the path when they get side-tracked.
A healthy eating coach is a nutrition expert. They will help educate you about which foods to eat and which to avoid. They can teach you how to season and spice your new foods so that you don’t have to sacrifice taste to reach your goals. They can look at your individual history, tastes, and restrictions and provide a plan that will optimize your health and give you the confidence to follow it. This coach will personalize their approach to each client’s unique lifestyle and goals.
For many clients, a healthy eating coach is also an accountability partner and a cheerleader. This is the missing piece for many people looking to get healthier on their own. When life gets challenging, or when it gets hard to stay committed to your long-term goals, it’s helpful to have someone there to encourage you and keep track of your progress: to cheer you on and help you work through setbacks.
Get more info
For many people, the fastest and most successful way to make dietary and lifestyle changes is through the help of a Healthy Eating Coach. We would love to work with you!
Book your FREE 15 minute Consultation with one of our Dietitians!
Or read more about and book one of our Weight Loss or Nutrition Coaching packages Here.