Could a Meal Planning workshop be the change you need in your life? Read on to find out more.
What is meal planning?
Meal planning simply means planning your meals ahead of time. For most people, this means planning one week in advance but some people plan out a whole month.
Why should meal plan?
Planning your meals ahead of time can help you feel less stressed about what’s for dinner, or running out the door with no time for breakfast in the morning. Between work, life, family, school, social activities, and obligations, figuring out what to eat can fall to the bottom of the list. If you come home to an empty fridge or no plan, it’s all too easy to waste money (and health) on take-out or processed freezer meals. Ideally, mealtime should be a relaxing break to the hustle and bustle of life. A meal plan makes it possible to have a relaxing, nourishing meal to end your day.
Benefits of Meal Planning:
The benefits you receive through meal planning are numerous:
- Save money by avoiding impulse purchases, planning around seasonal items and coupons, and using all the food you buy (no more food waste!)
- Improve your health by ordering less take out; ensure that your week is nutritionally balanced
- Save time because you can condense the number of trips you make to the grocery store; you can also prep meal
- Less headaches because you aren’t having to stress about what to make at the end of a long day
- Reduce anxiety over whether your family will eat it; if they have been part of the planning process, they are far more likely to eat it later
How to meal plan?
Once you’ve been won over by the benefits of meal planning, it’s time to figure out how to meal plan! How do you go about creating a meal plan, complete with a shopping list, that is nutritionally balanced, good for your family, and delicious, without being overwhelmed? How do you incorporate leftovers into your week, reducing your cooking time dramatically? Do you meal prep on the weekend so that your cooking during the week is less cumbersome?
Meal Planning Workshop
Many clients love the idea of meal planning, but find it challenging getting started. We recommend a little help from the experts! Meal planning, it turns out, is a little of art and a bit of science. Having an overall guide to follow can pay dividends in helping you craft an effective and possible meal plan! Let us help you on your path!
- Our workshops will help you get organized and understand the most important features of an effective plan.
- We will help you map out a strategy for your family by examining goals that you are trying to achieve, such as eating more seafood.
- We will also help you incorporate the most important factors for you and your family, like convenience or accommodating picky eaters.
- We will show you how to incorporate leftovers so that you aren’t cooking every night (if that is a goal of yours).
- We will help you understand how to incorporate a few hours of meal prep that will make the rest of your cooking during the week a breeze.
- We will help you understand how to incorporate food allergies and picky eater preferences.
- We will give you a few recipes that can be made to feel new with simple switches, helping you feel confident and satisfied in the kitchen.
Attending a meal planning workshop will make your life easier by teaching you the skills you need to live a healthier lifestyle away from the impulse and temptation of the drive-thru and carryout meals. Imagine the money you will save by investing in a meal planning workshop. You’ll finally be able to use some of those healthy ingredients you pass by at your local grocery store. See how a meal planning workshop can help you today!
If you love the idea of a meal plan, but just don’t have the time to do it yourself, we recommend our done-for-you meal plans. Each plan was created by our resident dietitian nutritionist to maximize you and your family’s health while following the Mediterranean Lifestyle principles. Each plan includes 21 days of 3 full meals, snacks optional. Every plan includes a categorized grocery list to make shopping a breeze. You can select dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, standard, or fully customized options. You can check them out here.